Rich chocolate brownies topped with a whipped chocolate frosting and sprinkled with Oreo crumbs.
Growing up dirt and worm cups were my favorite! I thought they were super silly and irresistibly cute. I tried thinking of how I could make my childhood favorite a little more grown up. I still wouldn’t consider this grown up, but it sure is satisfying. The combinations of textures make these dirt and worm brownies the perfect summer treat. They would even be a great addition to a children’s birthday party.
To make these dirt and worm brownies I started off by making my favorite homemade brownie recipe which you can find here. I allowed the brownies to cool before I topped them with a whipped pudding and Oreo mixture. I then sprinkled them with crushed Oreos to make the brownies look like they were covered in “dirt”. Lastly I froze my brownies until firm before topping them with the gummy worms. I decided to freeze my brownies because I wanted that ice cream texture from the pudding mixture.
- 1 13 x 19 inch pan prepared brownies
- 1 small box chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 5 ounces Truwhip or whipped topping
- 20 crushed Oreos, divided
- 20 gummy worms
- In a medium bowl combine pudding mix and milk.
- Whip together until the pudding is nice and thick.
- Carefully fold in whipped topping and 10 crushed Oreos.
- Top your prepared and cooled brownies with the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 10 crushed Oreos on top of the pudding layer.
- Cover and chill or freeze* until needed.
- Cut into 20 squares and top each brownie with a worm.
- *If you want a super cool "ice cream" like treat on a cold day freeze these brownies. The brownies remain soft but the pudding mixture creates the perfect ice cream like texture. Don't freeze the worms or they will be impossible to chew.