Rich and chocolatey brownies topped with peanut butter cookie dough and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
What happens when you combine extremely rich and decadent chocolate brownies with peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. You get peanut butter cookie brownies! Also known as the most amazing dessert in the world. Just kidding. Not kidding.
Seriously though, if you love the brownies with the crispy edges you’re going to love this recipe. The peanut butter cookie gives every bite of the brownie that irresistible crispy edge. I’ve always been a fan of the cookie dough topped brownies. I think it’s because I have a huge weakness for cookie dough.
I’ve never seen a brownie recipe that had a peanut butter cookie topping which struck me as odd since the peanut butter chocolate combination is highly desired. That was when I knew that I had to make it happen.
I wouldn’t want to eat one of these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because then I’d have a problem fitting into my skinny jeans BUT these are the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. These peanut butter cookie brownies hit all the high notes when it comes to flavors. Every taste bud will be filled with joy when you take a bite of one of these delicious treats!
Perfectly Sprinkled is about taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary. If you love one upping your friends when it comes to creating something amazing in the kitchen then you are in the right place. I’m constantly inspired by the recipes around me. I’m always thinking to myself, “how can I make that even better?” Perfectly Sprinkled will be the place where I share those even better recipes with all of you. I hope you all stick around to see what’s to come.
These peanut butter cookie brownies will be sure to impress. The soft, gooey, fudge-like brownie topped with a slightly crunchy peanut butter cookie is something from a dream.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the brownies; In a medium sized saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Once butter is melted stir in the sugar and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Mix in half of the flour and then the eggs.
- Stir in the remaining flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan; set aside.
- For the cookie dough; in a small bowl combine the melted butter, peanut butter, and sugar.
- Once thoroughly mixed stir in the egg, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour and combine.
- Evenly dollop the cookie dough onto the top of the unbaked brownie mixture.
- Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cookie part is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and serving.